Tuesday, October 29, 2013

8w5d: From Heaven, Dad Visits Twins!

So the days continue to pace in slow motion. The wife continues the aversion to her usual symptoms. Although her out of breath sessions seem to be increasing significantly. She goes up a flight of stairs at work and can literally not talk until she catches her breath (wondering why that doesn't happen at home).

She also went in for a haircut. That's it. Given that she is pregnant, nothing else can be done to the hair as chemicals will impact the babies. I love my wife's hair. She carries it with such swag. Or it may be the fact that since I don't have any, I'm just jealous. But hey, I too rocked it in my day. So I'm good. Those pompadours were my specialty. If I only woulda bought stock in Aquanet in the 80's and 90's I would be blogging from one of my private islands in the Bahamas right now.

The jelly beans are nestled and nicely growing. I can't wait to see them on Friday. I'm thinking of starting to blast my favorite mexican country tunes to start acclimating them to quality music and getting them grounded on their cultural heritage. Music is also known to stimulate the senses. So it may help their development.

Pueden pasar tres mil años. 
pueden besarte otros labios, 
pero nunca te olvidaré, 
pero nunca te olvidaré. 


Puedo morirme mañana. 
puede secarse mi alma, 
pero nunca te olvidaré, 
pero nunco te olvidaré. 


Pueden borrar mi memoria. 
pueden robarme tu historia, 
pero nunca te olvidaré, 
pero nunca te olvidaré. 


Cómo olvidar tu sonrisa. 
cómo olvidar tu miradas. 
cómo olvidar que rezaba 
para que no te marcharas. 


Cómo olvidar tus locuras. 
nonooo 
cómo olvidar que volabas. 
cómo olvidar que aún te quiero 
más que a vivir, más que a nada. 


Pueden pasar tres mil años. 
puedes besar otros labios, 
pero nunca te olvidaré, 
pero nunca te olvidaré. 


Puedes echarme de tu vida. 
puedes negar que me querías, 
pero nunca te olvidaré. 
sabes que nunca te olvidaré. 


Cómo olvidar tu sonrisa. 
cómo olvidar tus miradas. 
cómo olvidar que rezaba 
para que no te marcharas. 


Cómo olvidar tus locuras. 
cómo olvidar que volabas. 
cómo olvidar que aún te quiero 
más que vivir, más que a nada 
Pueden pasar tres mil años. 
puedes besar otros labios, 
pero nunca te olvidaré, 
pero nunca te olvidaré, 
pero nunca te olvidaré, 
pero nunca te olvidaré.

So these are the lyrics to Enrique Iglesias' "Nunca Te Olvidare" classic song. While my wife was reading this blog post today during her lunch break, it came on in the radio. She was catching up and reading last night's post about my dad dancing with her at our wedding. The interesting thing is that it is this very song which was played during my Dad's funeral mass. It's a beautiful love song that speaks to never forgetting someone. It highlights that three thousand years may pass, but you will never be forgotten. How to forget your smile, your gaze. How to forget that I prayed for you not to leave. Just a very powerful song, which is not too popular and doesn't get much airplay. Which is why it left both of us with the look of is-it-really-just-a-coincidence type of amazement look in our eyes.

Yes, Dad came to say that he is watching over us. He came to let us know he is with us on this journey he knew we so much prayed for and wished for when the time was right. Yet again, the power of love knows no time, dimension, or space. 

Love just is.


No comments:

Post a Comment