Wednesday, December 18, 2013

15w6d: Chemo Time Blues & 1st Baby Dream

The first round of chemo went uneventful. Still in good spirits and hoping for the best. A three hour session to pump them chemicals to kill off those cancer cells is no easy feat. Especially when you know that you are in the fight for your life.

We continue to keep positive and send nothing but great vibes for a speedy recovery.

The baby needs to do a meet and greet and be a part of this baby's life. That is the driving engine behind the motivation we are instilling. Kill Kill Kill. Die Cancer Die......

Baby G is growing nicely. Can't wait to take a peak at him (or her) again this Friday. At this point his full skeleton frame is formed. His ribs are still soft like cartilage, but if an X-ray were to be taken, you'd be able to see his entire skeletal structure.

As I have reported throughout this entire blog, the stats on the baby's development are mostly thanks to the FamilyEducation source. They are outstanding at helping us understand the day to day growth of our little peanut.

His upper limbs are very well differentiated now into forearms, wrists, hands, and fingers. It's kinda wierd that these develop at a faster rate than the lower limbs (even so after birth). The skin is still almost transparent so you can see his internal organisms, bones and cartilage.

The FIRST is that I had a vivid dream that we had a girl. I was in the nursery struggling to change her diapers. At one point I freaked out and started yelling for the wife to come to my rescue. I clearly had no clue what I was doing and the poop had smeared all over the baby's head and face (a dream people a dream, I'm not that negligent at least I hope not to be).

As the wife came over shaking her head and taking over; I was overcome with the realization that the colostrum was doing its job and that indeed this was the baby's first poop. At that realization, I starting taking pics of the first diaper deposit. Afterall, it was the first-ever poop. Why wouldn't it merit a photo session. Yeah, that was my dream.

I guess that dream was triggered from what stuck to my head in the recurring dream my father in law has shared. In it, he sees a little blue-eyed, blonde girl that was the spitting image of his own mom and similarly his own grand daughter from his oldest son. This dream has taken us back as it was very vivid for him. Every time he talks to us, he tells us of his dream.

I asked him if he was sure it wasn't a boy. He adamantly replies every time with a girl.

Well, I'm off to brush up on speedy diaper changing techniques while mastering shooting random pics during the process; while the wife continuously wipes the sweat from her LASHES in disappointment...




7910

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Where do I begin? For starters you need to give Mommy lots of massages on the pressure points on her head and neck to help with the headaches. lavender compress made of real lavender oils over her eyes should help her relax...provided the smell doesn't disgust her. Her sense of smell is heightened so you need to be careful with that. But with different oils you may find one that she likes and helps to relax her. Bath and Body Works used to carry a rosemary and peppermint lotion that you would put on your temples to help with headaches. The scent clears your congestion and in turn helps with relaxing you and relieving you of a headache.

    I know you are a newbie and this is al amazing to you...but most of us parents have already learned all this. Just know we are laughing with you and your naivety. JK!! Every pregnancy is different and I will share my experiences with you. But just know the best is yet to come!! Mommy hang in there, the reward will soon outweigh the sacrifice and before you know it you will have forgotten and ailments you felt during this time. The waiting is killer, you will be desperate for her to be born!! Also Daddy, get Mommy a body pillow to help her sleep on her side. She will need to place the bottom portion in between her knees and hug the top portion with both arms to find a new comfortable position. Also I think you need to buy a hepa air filter, the dog hair is causing her sinuses to swell more and in turn causing her headaches. Anyone with allergies will tell you that. Get a good filter, we have one that is about $350 and it circulates the air and removes all pet hair, dandruff and all other stuff that comes from pets. Nothing against your lovely dogs, but that's why she is feeling the headaches at home and not at work. The only difference is the pets. Depending on the square footage of the house you may need to get a few. check out this link to see what I am talking about. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/heating-cooling-air-quality/air-purifiers/abcat0908001.c?id=abcat0908001

    When you start picking a name please be sure that it is easily pronounced in English and Spanish. Maybe choose a name that is pronounced the same in both languages.

    For the record...Max you are too much...couvade! Really...I want to see you ankles get swollen, and the hormones raging in you and see how you would act!!

    Alicia...if he refuses to get you Cheetos, I will be more than happy to mail you a case if you still crave them!! Message or text me and I can put a goodie package for your cravings! Those cravings are no joke and god help the man that gets in the middle of them!! Yes, I am talking to you Max!!

    Love you both and happy to share this experience with you!! Can wait to meet the little princess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are outta control! Even hippy air filters? Are you for real? Interesting you say that about the dogs. Her father has said that from the beginning. Love your advice on names that resonate in both languages. But wait a second. Why are you assuming it will be a girl? I want a boy!!!!!!!!! She is outta control with her Cheetos fetish by the way. I bought her the baked Cheetos and she basically threw me out of the house with them. Incredible how one wants to help and is thrown to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here sinuses are in overdrive and when you have sinus congestion or sinus infection you will have headaches!! HEPA filters eliminate the allergens that inflame your sinuses!! Google it!!!!! And if you are wondering why I think it's a girl...exhibit A she dreamt of a girl and exhibit B you dreamt of changing the diaper of a girl too!! I rest my case, those dreams are very telling!

    ReplyDelete